Employee Bus Passes
FAll 2018 - we have a new bus pass system for your convenience!
Your Western ID card will be used as a bus pass.
- You will no longer need a new bus pass card every quarter.
- An academic year bus pass is once again available for purchase.
If your ID card was printed after June 28, 2017, it can be used as a bus pass in the WTA fare boxes.
If your ID was printed before June 28, 2017, you will need to take 1 of 2 actions: (1) Bring your existing ID card to VC 25 to have it reformatted (the magnetic strip will be rewritten); if the magnetic strip is damaged (2) visit the Western Card office for a new ID card.
Purchase and payment systems for the bus pass remain the same.
To purchase a bus pass use this e-sign form: Bus Pass Request Form
Paper forms are available in the Sustainable Transportation Office.
Cost to Employees
$23.00 per Quarter
$69.00 for the Academic Year (Fall/Winter/Spring)
Bus Pass Dates
Bus passes follow the academic schedule:
A bus pass may become valid for any quarter as early as the first day of Intersession preceding that quarter, with a bus pass charge for that quarter.
A bus pass for any quarter will remain active for 2 wks into the next quarter, before becoming inactive without a bus pass charge for the next quarter.
- This pre-tax payment option is for permanent employees currently receiving a paycheck. Contact the Sustainable Transportation Office if you are not sure if you are eligible for this option.
Cash, Debit, Online Payment, or Credit (fee for payment with credit)
- When your esign form is received, the charge will be added to your account.
- Once you have been notified that your esign form has been approved, pay for your bus pass in the Student Business Office (Old Main 110) via cash, check or debit.
- You may also pay online using CashNet. CashNet accepts payments made with credit or from a checking or savings account.
Employees who have purchased an employee bus pass are eligible for an After Hours Parking Permit at no charge and a Commuter Coupon Code. For a nominal fee, the Commuter Coupon Code allows you to park on campus 10 times in a quarter.
For more information about these and other parking permits, Parking Services is the place to go.
To apply and pay for all parking permits online, use the Parking Portal.