Western Student Shuttle
The Western Student Shuttle is a late night shuttle service for Western students only - A valid Western ID Card is required to board.
Service begins the Sunday before classes start in the fall, and ends the Saturday of Commencement in June. The Student Shuttle does not operate during Summer Quarter, Thanksgiving vacation or Intersession Breaks.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Saturday, 11pm - 3am; Sunday, 9pm - 3am
News and Updates
The Student Shuttle does not operate during Thanksgiving Break, Thursday/Friday/Saturday
Service will resume Sunday, November 30
The Student Shuttle is sometimes cancelled due to winter road conditions or other emergency
To receive text alerts when the shuttle is cancelled, text "follow wwushuttle" to 40404
- A Valid Western ID Card is required for boarding.
- Be respectful of the driver and other passengers on the shuttle. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed if they are in a closed container.
- Food cannot be consumed on the shuttle and should be kept in a closed container or wrapper.
One guest per student. The guest must be accompanied by a student with a valid Western Card.
For students with more than one guest:
- AAA Taxi, 360-676-8300
- Blue Cab, 360-734-3787
- NW Town Car Service, 360-220-0207
- Yellow Cab, 360-733-8294
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
- The Student Shuttle stops at all WTA bus stops along its route. In addition, the shuttle makes two stops downtown: Commercial & Holly Street at the Parkade, and Railroad Avenue outside the WTA station (the shuttle does NOT stop inside the WTA station downtown).
- Items left on the bus will be taken to University Police Dispatch, located at Campus Services. Stop by or call 650-3555.
- Shuttle service may be canceled during inclement weather or other road emergency. For updated information call 360-650-7960 for a recorded message after hours. To receive a text message when shuttle service is cancelled text "follow wwushuttle" to 40404.
- To avoid missing the bus, arrive at your stop a few minutes early.
- Nightfall and rainy weather reduce visibility. If you are at an unlighted stop, wave at the driver to make sure you are seen.
The student shuttle is not affiliated with WTA.
For more information or to request disAbility accommodation, please contact Western Student Transportation at: (360) 650-7960 or via email at: AS.Transportation@wwu.edu.