Late Night Student Shuttle
The Late Night Shuttle is a late night shuttle service for Western students.
- A valid Western ID card is required to board
- This service is not affiliated with WTA
Service begins in September, on the Sunday before classes begin, and ends in June on the Saturday of Commencement.
The Shuttle does not operate during Summer Quarter, Thanksgiving vacation or Intersession Breaks.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday, 11pm - 3am; Sunday, 9pm - 3am
New Routes Beginning September 2016
In preparation for Fall 2016, we are revising the late night shuttle routes and schedules. The routes changed significantly in February 2015 with the addition of service to the Happy Valley Neighborhood Area. Since that time,
Students, drivers and staff have identified concerns regarding the current routes and schedules, including the following:
- The current routes and schedules are confusing.
- Schedules and time points do not accurately reflect the time needed for buses to travel the route.
- Service is not frequent enough in some areas; Downtown, Haggard Hall, northbound on Bill McDonald Pkwy.
- Donovan/32nd Street service takes several minutes to drive, but does not serve many riders.
- Overall shuttle ridership is down significantly (4000 riders less) for each full quarter the Happy Valley Pilot has been operating, Spring 2015 and Fall 2015.
After evaluating ridership, student comments, and meeting with the Happy Valley Neighborhood Association, a new route serving Happy Valley has been designed for Fall 2016.
Route Changes are as follows: (Map)
Route A and Route B will serve the same stops, traveling in opposite directions.....with the following exceptions:
- Route A will serve 21st - Donovan- 24th and 25th. There will be no service on 32nd street. We know a few students use some of the 32nd Street stops, however, the ridership is too low to support continued service.
- The Buchanan Towers stop for Route A is on 25th at Bill McDonald Pkwy.
Your feedback is welcome and can be submitted HERE.
- A Valid Western ID Card is required for boarding.
- Be respectful of the driver and other passengers on the shuttle. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed if they are in a closed container.
- Food cannot be consumed on the shuttle and should be kept in a closed container or wrapper.
One guest per student. The guest must be accompanied by a student with a valid Western Card.
Students with more than one guest may want to consider one of the many taxi services, including:
- AAA Taxi, 360-676-8300
- Blue Cab, 360-734-3787
- NW Town Car Service, 360-220-0207
- Yellow Cab, 360-733-8294
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
- Items left on the bus will be taken to University Police Dispatch, located at Campus Services. Stop by or call 650-3555.
- Shuttle service may be canceled during inclement weather or other road emergency. For updated information call 360-650-7960 for a recorded message after hours. To receive a text message when shuttle service is cancelled text "follow wwushuttle" to 40404.
- To avoid missing the bus, arrive at your stop a few minutes early.
- Nightfall and rainy weather reduce visibility. If you are at an unlighted stop, wave at the driver or use the light on your cell phone to make sure you are seen.
The student shuttle is not affiliated with WTA.
For more information or to request disAbility accommodation, please contact Western Student Transportation at: (360) 650-7960 or via email at: AS.Transportation@wwu.edu.