Late Night Student Shuttle
This service is for Western students only, funded by the Alternative Transportation Fee.
To board show the shuttle driver your valid Western ID card.
Service begins in September, the Sunday before classes begin, and ends in June, the Saturday following finals.
The Shuttle does not operate during Thanksgiving vacation, Quarter Breaks or Summer Quarter.
(This service is not affiliated with WTA)
Two Shuttle routes, A and B, travel in opposite directions on a fixed route through campus, downtown, surrounding neighborhoods and retail areas.
Route A departs from the Viking Union, and Route B departs from Haggard Hall.
Both routes serve the same streets, with the following exception:
- Route A serves Happy Valley, traveling 21st-Donovan-24th and 25th. (Route B does not serve these streets).
- The Buchanan Towers stop for Route A is on 25th at Bill McDonald Parkway, in front of the WWU Archives Building.
Monday - Saturday, 11pm-3am
Sunday, 9pm - 2am
(On Sunday, Route A starts at 9pm, Route B starts at 10pm)
Policies and Rider Info
- A Valid Western ID Card is required for boarding. This is for your safety, please don't expect the driver to let you board without it.
- Guests: one guest is allowed per WWU student who shows a valid Western ID Card.
- The WWU student is responsible for their guest.
- Students with more than one guest may want to use a taxi.
- Items left on the bus will be taken to University Police Dispatch, open 24/7, located in the Campus Services Building, Bill McDonald Parkway & 21st. Stop by or call 650-3555. If you think it may still be on the bus, call 360-650-7960.
- Shuttle service may be canceled during inclement weather or other road emergency. Use the Shuttle Tracker for Real-Time map and updates, or call 360-650-7960 for a recorded message.
How to Ride
- Be respectful of the driver and other passengers on the shuttle. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed if they are in a closed container.
- Food cannot be consumed on the shuttle and should be kept in a closed container or wrapper.
- Arrive at your stop a few minutes early.
- Use the Ride Systems APP to see when the bus is coming.
- If the bus stop is dark - stand where the driver can see you, wave, or use your cell phone for illumination.
- Watch for your desitination
- Use the stop bell when your stop is approaching to tell the driver you want to get off.
- If you miss your stop and don't want to walk the distance, you may want to stay on the bus till the next circuit. Drivers cannot alter the route.
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
For more information please contact Western Student Transportation at: (360) 650-7960 or via email at: Transportation@wwu.edu