Late Night Student Shuttle
The Late Night Shuttle is a service for Western students only, paid for by the Alternative Transportation Fee.
A valid Western ID card is required to board.
(This service is not affiliated with WTA)
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday, 11pm - 3am
Sunday, 9pm - 2am
Late Night Shuttle does not operate when ICE and SNOW create hazardous road conditions!
- Service begins in September, on the Sunday before classes begin, and ends in June on the Saturday of Commencement.
- The Shuttle does not operate during Thanksgiving vacation, Intersession Breaks or Summer Quarter.
- Route A and Route B serve the same stops, traveling in opposite directions.....with the following exceptions:
- Route A serves Happy Valley area using 21st - Donovan - 24th/25th.
- The Buchanan Towers stop for Route A is on 25th at Bill McDonald Pkwy.
- Both shuttles end service at 2am on Sunday
- For notification of service cancellations subscribe to text alerts by texting "follow @wwushuttle" to 40404, or call 360-650-7960.
- A Valid Western ID Card is required for boarding.
- Be respectful of the driver and other passengers on the shuttle. Abstaining from profanity is expected.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are allowed if they are in a closed container.
- Food cannot be consumed on the shuttle and should be kept in a closed container or wrapper.
- Guests: One guest per student.
The guest must be accompanied by a student with a valid Western Card.
Students with more than one guest may want to consider one of the many taxi services.
Refusal of Service
Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to any person who does not observe policies, shows the potential to cause harm to themselves or others, or interferes with vehicle safety.
- Items left on the bus will be taken to University Police Dispatch, located at Campus Services. Stop by or call 650-3555.
- Shuttle service may be canceled during inclement weather or other road emergency. For updated information call 360-650-7960 for a recorded message after hours. To receive a text message when shuttle service is cancelled text "follow wwushuttle" to 40404.
- To avoid missing the bus, arrive at your stop a few minutes early.
- Nightfall and rainy weather reduce visibility. If you are at an unlighted stop, wave at the driver or use the light on your cell phone to make sure you are seen.
For more information or to request disAbility accommodation, please contact Western Student Transportation at: (360) 650-7960 or via email at: AS.Transportation@wwu.edu