Report an Accessibility Barrier
At Western, we strive to provide inclusive experiences for all students, staff and faculty. Specifically:
- We're working to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 at the AA level for our digital content, and
- We work to design and maintain our facilities for Section 504 and ADA compliance.
Despite our efforts, you may run into a barrier in our digital or physical spaces that hinders the Western experience. We want to remove any barriers, so please let us know in the form below how we can make Western more accessible.
Don't Want to Fill Out a Form?
If you'd rather email or call about an accessibility concern, jump to "Other Ways to Report."
Please note the following items before submitting your form:
- The form asks for assistive technology and browsers used, which are defined in a following sub-list.
- Assistive technology can include but isn't limited to: screen readers (JAWS/NVDA/VoiceOver), magnifiers, Windows High Contrast Mode, voice control, switch devices, alternative pointing devices, alternative and on-screen keyboards.
- Browsers can include but isn't limited to: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave.
- If adding a file attachment, there are size and type requirements:
- Maximum 5 files.
- Allowed file types: gif, jpg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, psd, txt, rtf, odf, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, xml, avi, mov, mp3, ogg, wav.
- 16 MB limit per form.
- This form will be sent to and addressed by the department responsible for the barrier. If requested, someone from the department will follow up with you to help fix the barrier as soon as possible.