Bulk / Standard Mail / Non-Profit
Use if you have more than 200 identical letters
Bulk mail rates are approximately half the first class rate. Western business mail qualifies for non-profit status, but note that
- Let Mail Services help: No mail house or individual is allowed to submit mailings to the USPS without an authorized signature or pre-arranged permission.
- These rates are to be used on WWU business mail ONLY.
For additional Savings
- Discounted First Class Presort mailings can be mailed in volumes of 500 or more zipped addresses, identical in weight and content for a savings of @.03 each.
- 200 or more domestically addressed identical pieces
- no personal messages; contents must be identical
- Arranged in zip code order (5 digits only)
- Void of non-WWU advertising
- Void of personal information
- Good addresses: NCOA certificate of update within 95 days of your mailing (see below)
- Submitted to WWU mail service allowing (5-7) days for processing
- Hint: allow additional 3-10 days transit time for this time of mailing
- Return address with WWU on the Top line
- Size requirements met
- Less than 16 ounces per piece - each piece identical in weight
Provide your mailing list electronically to Mail Services and get these advantages:
- Mail Services will improve your address list to ensure the mail gets to your recipients . Address cleansing (CASS certification) and Move Updating (NCOA) are required to get the best rates.
- This must be done within 95 days of mailing so don't reuse the same mailing list for more than three months
- Addressing can be done automatically by our machine labellers at the same time the CASS and NCOA services are done
- You wil qualify for reduced postage rates!
- Barcoding can also be done for further rate reductions.