Accounting Season Preparation
How can I best prepare for Fall Accounting Season 2019? 5 easy steps!
- Make sure your personal and academic profile is up to date in Viking Career Link! Do a quick review of your account to make sure your class level, GPA and major are correct. Verify that the email associated with your account is one you utilize regularly, and that you have notification settings turned ON, so that you receive auto-generated messages about signing up for interviews.
- Spend some time preparing application materials – updating your resume to reflect classes you’ve completed, volunteer or paid work and internship experience.
- Schedule a meeting with a career advisor now, summer or when you get to Bellingham before classes for help! Appointments can be conducted in-person, by phone or skype.
- Set up an appointment in the Career Services Center for a practice interview. Participating in a practice interview is a great way to get some experience answering interview questions. An interview experience is simulated by a facilitator asking a set of questions (usually for 20-30 minutes) followed by a period of feedback and an opportunity for the interviewee to ask questions. Practice interviews can be recorded which provides an insightful opportunity to view yourself participating in this experience. Additionally, the Career Services Center has interview prep materials located at our website and in paper resource form in the Career Services Center, OM 280.
- Why should I think about Fall Accounting Recruitment now? Help make your transition into the 2019-2020 academic year EASIER with advance planning! Generally, firms will have application deadlines occurring as soon as the first week of the quarter (firms are not on quarter hiring systems) and interviews taking place within the first two weeks of October. The Department of Accounting and Career Services will be emailing a recruitment schedule in August 2019 and dates will be published as soon as have confirmations from firms. Please check with the Department of Accounting for a fall recruitment schedule.