VIRTUAL Internship & Volunteer Fair
May 6, 2021
1:00 - 4:00 pm. PDT
Hosted on Zoom
Mark your calendar to meet with representatives from nonprofits and government agencies who are actively promoting internship and volunteer opportunities! Conversations will take place primarily by Zoom. The Zoom event links will be featured on this page the week of this event.
We will be encouraging all participating organizations to post volunteer and internship opportunities within Handshake, in advance of this event. Learn about the benefits of gaining direct experience volunteering or participating in an internship featured in a “Wednesday Webinar Recording” by the Career Services Center.
Event Information and Instruction
- Periodically, review the list of participating employers so you can prioritize which organizations and opportunities you are most interested in learning more about.
- Make sure you are running the latest version of Zoom on the devise you will be using to participate in this event
- Attend a “student orientation to the volunteer and internship fair” to ask any questions, go over logistics for this event and best participation practices. Consider participating in related-topic workshops such as looking for an internship, preparing a resume or participating in a virtual interview. A list of workshops can be found at our event calendar.
- When possible, find a quiet place to participate, designate a “ zoom background” such as downloadable images of Western and consider wearing professional attire.
- Build your priority list of organizations you’d like to meet with, and questions for participating representatives. Please remember that organizations might be/will be using a group format setting unless they are hosting their own zoom meeting space.
- Review the event logistics -participating organizations and access information
- Take notes as you meet with representatives and learn about opportunities!
- Attend a post-event discussion on best practices in following up with contacts, applying for opportunities and preparing for a virtual/in-person interview.
- Consider scheduling an appointment to meet with a Career Advisor to prioritize opportunities, go over application materials or participate in a practice interview.
Internship/Volunteer Fair Orientation for students/alumni
Tuesday, May 4th 3-4:00 PM PST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 929 2943 5071
Post-event Workshop Discussion on best follow-up practices!
Friday, May 7th 2-3:00PM PST
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 969 2434 5354
All organizations participating in this event are actively promoting internship or volunteer opportunities!
Organizations hosting their own zoom event link:
- Camp Fire Samish/Camp Kirby |
Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 849 5954 5872
- Education Abroad |
Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 928 6872 3599 | Passcode: 671806
- Glacier Peak Institute
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android: Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 958 4331 1116 | Passcode: 705827
- Opportunity Council | Zoom Meeting Link
- Peace Corps | Zoom Meeting Link
- Social Justice Film Project | Zoom Meeting Link
Organizations hosting a breakout room:
American Red Cross
Bellingham Girls Rock
Common Threads Farm
Community Action Skagit
Habitat for Humanity Whatcom County
Lake Wenatchee YMCA Camp
Miracle Food Network
Multi-Service Center: Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (Federal Way)
Northside Community Church
North Sound Behavioral Health Administrative Services Organization
Nooksack Salmon Enhancement Association
Office Moms and Dads
Special Olympics Washington State
Twin Eagles Wildnerness School
Whatcom Family Community Network
Connect with organizations hosting a breakout room by clicking the Career Services Center Event Link
Meeting ID: 943 6876 2588