Networking and Professional Etiquette
Why is networking important? Networking is a powerful tool to use in your internship and job search. Over 80% of all job openings are not advertised. Why? Most employers use their networks first (LinkedIn, Twitter, staff, friends) to identify potential candidates for their positions. According to a recent survey by the U.S. Department of Labor, networking accounts for at least 69% of all annual hires! By taking advantage of the links below you will be on your way to successfully networking for that internship or job!
- 30 Second Elevator Speech
- Ask! - Network with Alumni Mentors!
- Informational Interviews are an important way to meet prospective employers and learn about the industry
- Network with the Career Services Center: Facebook and Instagram
- Social Media Tips
Additional Networking Information
- 7 Lessons for Better Networking with Social Media (Mashable.com)