What is Business Administration?
Business Administration is a wide field that incorporates numerous management positions. From major corporations to independent businesses, every operation needs skilled administrators to succeed. A bachelors in business administration gives you the tools to fill leadership roles in both business and the community.
Business Administration Degree(s)
Business Administration at Western
Western's Business Administration programs explore leadership roles in business and the community, providing students with the perceptual and analytical skills necessary to make decisions and evaluate policies in business, and develop an understanding of the social, economic, and regulatory environments in business. All students earning a degree in Business Administration develop significant understanding of management information systems and computing.
Most companies are looking for people with real world experience, which is why Western students receive encouragement and support in finding relevant internships. Student internships often provide valuable industry connections and can lead to a job offer after graduation.
Another way to network and gain extracurricular experience is through Western's study abroad program, where you can study business at institutions around the world.
The College of Business and Economics offer annual scholarships which students apply for in Winter quarter and are awarded the following academic year. CBE’s commitment includes supporting BIPOC students, LGBTQ+ students, women, students with disabilities and more.
Students complete a simple online application to apply for many different scholarships at once, and will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. Learn more about CBE scholarships and review the available scholarships included in the general application.
Organizations and Clubs
The College of Business & Economics hosts a variety of student clubs that provide avenues of professional growth, networking, fun, and camaraderie. Student clubs provide a great way to learn about an area of study, often through professionals in the field.
- Accounting Society
- American Production Inventory Control Society
- Artificial Intelligence Association
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Collegiate DECA
- Financial Management Association
- International Business
- Management Information Systems Association
- Net Impact
- Student Economics Association
- Student Marketing Association
The International Business program at Western engages and challenges its students to analyze and resolve real business problems that are relevant in today's globalized economy.
International Business Alumni, WWU Presidential Scholar, Amazon and Microsoft Work Experience
What can you do with?
A degree in Business Administration can lead to a career in management, human resources, logistics, IT, and more. Western graduates have found success in a variety of industries, including aerospace, technology, retail, and more.
Employers of recent Western graduates include:
- ADP Cobalt: Order Specialist
- A/E Aerospace: Quality Technical Aide
- Amazon: Global Talent Search, Amazon Marketplace Relationship Manager and Senior Manager Kindle
- Boeing: IS Analyst, Programmer, Information Technology (IT), Network Architect, Functional Analyst, IT Systems Analyst, and Programmer Analyst
- Costco: Accounting Report Analyst
- Expedia: Web Analyst
- Microsoft: Associate Consultant
- Nintendo: Purchasing Manager
- Royal Commercial Corporation: Commercial RE Broker Marketing Manager
- Sherwin Williams: Assistant Manager
- Starbucks: Contract Specialist
Business Administration careers
- Project Management
- Event Planning
- Human Resources Management
- Management Consulting
- Nonprofit Management
- Small Business
- Retail Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Management of International Relationships in Business